Naked: A Poem Inspired by my Muse

I first wrote this poem about two years ago. There have been some alterations since I first wrote it but it is one of my favorites.
Naked
I want you to be the one to see inside of me,
Deep inside of me where no one has been before.
I want you to see me stripped of my layers,
Stripped of all the excess baggage that have broken my back.
Even though your burnt caramel complexion is tempting,
I am not referring to anything physical.
I am talking about seeing me emotionally and spiritually bare.

I want you see me laugh,
Until tears of joy spring from my eyes.
I want you to see me cry,
Until my eyes are swollen.
I want you to be able to provoke me
Until I am so enraged that I could kill you.
I want to be able look into your eyes
Until I see the chocolate melting within them
I want to be able to hold your hand in public
To claim you are mine
And when I am brave enough to utter those three words
I will not feel vulnerable because I know you will be there to catch me.
I want you to be the one true person to see me completely naked.

Comments

T said…
lovely. reminded me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQsrp5Mk6oo

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?