The Absurdity of Being a Fangirl

The time has finally arrived for me to post my first videolog. It has long been overdue but I am excited to share it with y'all. Before you watch the video I have a confession to make, I am a fangirl. Now that is off my chest I can explain to y'all what possessed me do this video. For a long time I thought I was the only one who had these all consuming feelings for fictional characters. When I discovered Tumblr last year, I realized that not only was I not alone but there were hundreds of people who were more crazed than I was. It was a refreshing feeling. I have decided to do a video about the dilemmas that happens when you are a fangirl. It is a bit tongue in cheek. Below you will find terms that I will be using in the video. These are terms that average person will not understand, so I have created a little cheat sheet for y'all. Let me know what you think about my video log. If you like it there is a good chance that this will be the first of many.
  • Fangirl: Is a female fan who is obsessed with television show, film, book or actor. They usually are hard core fan of a particular character or SHIP
  • SHIP: Is a shorten form for romantic relationship. To ship means that you endorse a romantic relationship. In other words you are rooting for these two characters to end up together. 
  • OTP: Stands for one true pairing. An OTP is used to describe a couple that the fandom ships hardcore. 
  • MY BODY IS READY: is a phrase used to humorously convey one's excitement or anticipation for an event or desirable object 
  • I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTIONS:  Originated from the cult classic Anchorman. It is used by fangirls to describe when they are experiencing very hurtful or terrifying feelings and are unable to escape them. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?