London Chronicles: Tea and the Big Ben

My flight out of Dublin was at 6:30 in the morning. Which meant I had to wake up at an ungodly hour to make it to the airport. Despite going to the wrong gate, my flight to London was a success.   I arrived around 8 am at London Gatwick Airport. My sister picked me up from the airport and we caught the rail back to London Victoria. From there we took the tube back to her flat. 

I rested for a few hours before I braved the rain to go shopping for some essentials( my luggage was still in transit). 
First Day in a New City

My first full day in London, my sister had  a jam packed day scheduled for us. We started off in Primrose Hill where I got some amazing views of London.

We then went to for high tea at Ten Manchester Street Hotel. We feasted on yummy treats( finger sandwiches, scones and an assortment of pastries) and had some Bellini to go along with our tea.

After a marvelous tea, we then did the most touristy thing possible. We went to Palace of Westminster and the London Eye.


This was the day of the Brexit, so there were dozens of news reporters on the street. That did not stop me from taking tons of photos.

The last time I was in London, the London Eye was not built yet. Seeing it in real life was quite special. 


That day was a bit nippy which made me quite sad. To be honest, most of my time in London the weather was awful. It never felt like summer.
Golden Jubilee Bridges
In spite of the weather, I truly enjoyed my first full day in London.
I got my eye on you Ben.







Comments

bijou.king said…
Despite temperamental weather, London is a special place! Your pictures are amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?