Doubt

So my rampage to watch the majority of Oscar nominated films continues. Earlier today I had the distinct pleasure of watching Doubt. It was an excellent movie that deserves all the recognition it has gotten. Meryl Streep was amazing, I would have been pissing in my pants if she was my principal. Phillip Seymour Hoffman blow me away. I am actually thinking that he should be given the best supporting actor Oscar but its tricky because Heath Ledger was brilliant. Amy Adams was spectacular and I was shocked at the little screen time Viola Davis got. It made me question if she should have been nominated for best supporting actress. That out of the way she was amazing in this film. I am impressed so far by the films nominated for Oscars this year. Usually they are a bit on the boring side but lately filmmakers are making me remember way I loved movies in the first place.

Comments

T said…
is it just me or does meryl streep get more amazing with every movie she's in? the film confused me a little, im not sure if i really got it. so is father flynn guilty or not in the end? but the scene between miller's mother and streep, and also the sermon about gossip, those were intense!

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?