It's beginning to feel a lot like award season

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas especially with the snow storm that is in our region. Christmas is always a magical time for me and I cannot believe it is 6days away. Man, that is so close! I got to get shopping. Since the year is coming to an end it only means one thing. The movie buff in me is ecstatic, it's award season baby! Already the Golden Globe and SAG nominations have been announced. It looks like Up in the Air, Precious, The Hurt Locker and Inglorious Basterds are in lock to be nominated for Best Pictures at the Oscars. Things are looking promising for Avatar(which i hear is supposed to be amazing) Nine and An Education also have a good shot at being nominated as well. I think that the best actor category is already locked up. I believe it will look like this:

Morgan Freeman-Invictus
Jeff Bridges- Crazy Heart
Colin Firth- A Single Man
Jeremey Renner- The Hurt Locker
George Clooney- Up in The Air


I recently saw the trailers for The Hurt Locker, The Messenger and A Single Man. All films I am excited to see because they look like they will be amazing especially The Messenger. It looks like Woody Harrelson will be nominated. I am really excited to see what going to happen with the Best Actress category. Will Gabourey Sidibe get nominated for Precious? Will Sandra got a nomination for The Blind Side? One thing is certain, Meryl will get nominated for Julie& Julia( she was a joy to watch). It is exciting time for me. What can I say, I am a movie buff.

I am really happy that Dexter, True Blood and Big Love received love at the Golden Globes. They are the best shows on TV. Happy to see Jane Lynch, Toni Collette and Edie Falco getting love as well.
Looking forward to who the winners will be and who will be given the chance to receive the handsome statue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?