The Lovely Twelve

With all the bad things that are happening in the world today, I like to take a moment to discuss the things that warm my heart. The small things that make me smile and spring joy to my soul.

1. Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Early this month I discovered Spartacus. In a course of two days I watched the entire first season. What an incredible show. I love it more than True Blood and Six Feet Under, which is a difficult feat. It is not a show for everyone, there is a lot of sex and blood. I don't know if it is because I'm a little sadistic but I love the fight scenes. I am as enthusiastic as the people in the arena. I'm always shouting "Finish him" or "cut his f***king head off". I really get into it. It also has incredible quotes. The whole gladiator does not fear death monologue is my motto for life. I always get so excited when I hear "Kill them, Kill them all". This show is the death of me. I have watched the prequel but nothing beats the original. So sad that they will be replacing Andy Whitfield due to illness. He will forever be my Spartacus.


2. Mistresses
I have always loved British shows and Mistresses carries on the tradition. It is extremely funny and a realistic portrayal of the lives of four friends. It is like a soap opera but the story lines are not over the top. I guess in a way it is similar to Sex and the City but there is great focus on each of the four friends individually. I have only watched the first season but I'm anxious to see the rest. It is addictive.

3. Chocolate
I'm not really crazy about bars but truffles are so delicious. Chocolate is medicine for the soul.


4. Wine
Nothing beats relaxing from a rough day with a glass of wine. My heart always warms when I get offered wine.

5. Farmer's Market
When I started cooking I fell in love with farmer's markets. There is one near my house that I love going to. Nothing beats purchasing fresh fruits and vegetables.


6. Netflix
Joined last month and now i know what I was missing. I get at least two movies in my mailbox each week and endless films and TV shows to stream from my computer. Thanks to Netflix I have been introduced to Spartacus and Mistresses. They recommended that i watch it based on my viewing history.

7. "With Every Heartbeat" by Robyn
My favorite song of the moment. I did not really care much for the song the first time I heard it but I am in love with it now. Robyn is a force to be reckoned with. I have loved her since the 90's when she was doing more R&B stuff.


8. Daniel Radcliff
There are only few people in the world who are fiercely fabulous and Dan Rad is one of them. I just love this guy. There is a gif of him dancing on Tumblr that just reinforced my love for him. It would be something to see him on Broadway.

9. Tumblr
Not only do I facebook, tweet and blog but I tumble as well. I just love it. There are so many adorable gifs, that I am always reblogging something. Below is my blog on Tumblr, it is a visual expression of who I am as a person. The things that I love and that I am passionate about.
http://unemployedinfabuland.tumblr.com/

10. Stimulating Conversations
Nothing beats having a stimulating conversation with another human being. I just love having a hearty dialogue with someone, it is even sweeter when you just met the person and you just click.

11. The Beach
Is there really a need to explain this one.


12. Sunny Days

When the weather is good, I always have a spring in my step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?