I Do Not Fear Death

So if anyone has seen The Return of The King, the epic climax to the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, will know where I got my title from. I was uncertain about the future last night and watched the film for inspiration. We are in dire times. There are revolutions in North Africa and the Middle East. Every time you turn on the news it seems that there is a natural disaster to report. Now there is a man claiming the world will come to an end on May 21, 2011. As I write this blog post it is already May 22 in several nations. So I do not know what he meant by that. The whole end of the world talk has got me thinking. What have I done with my life? If today was the end, would I leave the world in peace or would I leave with regret? The truth is I would be one tortured soul. There are so many things I want to do. So many places I want to visit. I have not really lived my life to its full potential.  The best thing that came out of this whole judgement day is that I want to live. I feel like I have been a fly stuck on a spider web just wasting away. Just waiting until it was time for the spider to consume me. Now I am fighting my way through the web. I would do whatever it takes to live my life to the fullest.I want to dance in the rain not wait until the sun emerges from the clouds. I want to be as free as a horses mane.  I want to create my own luck and even if I fail I know that I gave it my all. So I am releasing positive vibes in the year of 2011, this is my year. This is the year I live in the now not waiting for things. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I only know what is waiting for me today. I am not going to look back at yesterday dreaming about what could have been. If it was meant to be it  would have happened. I do not fear death. Just like my heroes Aragorn and Eowyn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?