Twenty- Four Candles

Whenever someone would ask me my age, on the tip of my tongue would be 24. I would have to step back for second and realize that I was still 23. Over the past two months I have just been over the age. It is not like I wanted time to speed up but I no longer felt 23. I just felt like I had grown into a 24 year old woman. If you think about it, when you are 24 you are no longer in your early twenties. You have officially arrived  in your mid twenties. It is one year from celebrating being on the planet for quarter of a century. So on Friday I finally turned 24, how did I celebrate? On the actual day I got my hair done and treated myself to a manicure and pedicure . Then I spent the rest of the day getting ready for my Birthday BBQ. This was an event I envisioned while strolling through central park in NYC way back in November. So exactly one month from the planned event I sent out invitations. That is how serious I was about the event. I spent the whole week leading up to Saturday getting ready. I was purchasing foods, cleaning the house, and coming up with recipes. When yesterday arrived, I was more than ready. To my surprise it went smoothly. It was my first time I made sangria and it was on point. I would share the recipe but I kind of like the fact I made the best sangria I have ever tasted. So it is staying locked up in a case. By the end of the night I just felt blessed to have so many amazing people in my life and truly loved . I have included some pictures of the wonderful event.  

Guest chilling in the sun



My Girls and I being silly


Getting Funky


Enjoying the rays

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?