The approaching storm

Over the past three months I have been reevaluating my life. I have been forced to think about what I have been doing with myself? What do I like about my life and what I absolutely despise about my life. Being a not so recent college graduate everyone wants to know what I have been doing with myself since the tassels and the diploma.  How can you condense the past two years of "real" life experience into a few sentences without boring or scaring off the other party? The truth is they do not really care about all you been through they just want a synopsis to go on with their lives. I feel like a lot of things have happened to me as oppose to me making things happen for myself. Honestly these past five years I have been given grenade full of shit with the expectation of turning it into masterpiece. The grenade is still in my hands but I am ready to let go of it. Throw it far away from me where I can witness its destruction miles away. Someone once told me that there is a calm before the storm but what happens when the calm occurs during the storm. What happens when everything is static while the storm passes through? I am not sure if I know the answer but that's alright with me. So what do  I want now that I am in the eye of the storm? A life by the beach drinking Pina Coladas sitting next to a hot guy named Carlos seems appealing. Then a life riding your bicycle to the nearest market and spending your days at a local cafe with your friends also seems appealing. There are endless lives that I am meant to be living. I am not destined for the life of ticking shit grenade, I am destined for a life of limitless adventures. A life full of beauty and wonder that my reality is flawless compared to my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?