Holy Batman!

I admit that I have been a bit of a Debbie Downer on my blog lately but life happens and sometimes you need to vent a little bit. This post will be on a lighter note because my brain is completely fried from the awesomeness of the incredible episode of Dexter last night. I will not spoil it for those poor souls who were not able to watch the episode but it was a-ma-zing!!! The last ten seconds of the episode I was literally bouncing off the walls. I have thoroughly been enjoying season 6 of Dexter but after last night clifftastic( new word, you like) episode I feel that I am going to be throwing fits of joy every episode. In comparison to previous seasons, season six is only behind season one and season four in my book. Up until last night's episode it was trailing behind season two. If they continue to go in this direction, it could be as good as the first and fourth seasons.

Besides Dexter there have been a few other shows that have been making me fangirl like crazy. The Walking Dead is amazing this season. The show continues to do an excellent job at character development mixed in with thrills along the way. God help me but I think that Shane Walsh is my favorite character because he is so flawed that he is human. Usually when you watch a show you want to escape from your lives for an hour. Shane embodies the pure instinct of survival. He does things that average person will admit is completely messed up but if we were put in the same situation we would be doing the same shameless things. Whenever Daryl Dixon(second favorite character) comes on my TV screen I find myself singing Judas especially whenever he is riding his motorcycle. I swear the producers do it on purpose.

Besides Dexter and The Walking Dead there is Boardwalk Empire. Jimmy continues to be BAMF every episode and Margaret Schroeder is the HBIC and I love it. Unfortunately I have only caught up with the first three episodes so I am a bit behind. It is not only cable shows that I am loving this season. Modern Family continues to be reliable source of good laughs. It deserves every award it has won since it first aired. I don't know how the writers do it but the show continues to get better with every season. New shows Once Upon a Time( from the writers of Lost) and Grimm(from the producers of Buffy) have given me a whole new love affair for fairy-tales. If you have not checked out these two shows I highly recommend that you do. In the pilot of Once we saw Prince Charming sword fighting with his newborn baby in his hand, talk about being a BAMF. This concludes my review of all that is awesome that can be found on your TV or computer screens depending on how you roll.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?