Cries of a Broken Soul

First of all, I am  not too sure what this post will be about. When I blog it is usually about issues that piss me off, videos that make me laugh or to share my art. There are several thoughts floating in my head but none seem executed enough for a full blog post. I can inform you that in the next couple of weeks I will post my first video log, my second installment in the War on Women series and my spring TV wrap up. Now lets see what will happen if I just write as a process of healing. What wonders will I discover?
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Lanston Hughes
The older I get the more I realize how much I know and how much more I have yet to learn. This fact does not bother me anymore because I know that besides life being one daring adventure it is also a test, a live performance, the final event. You get no dress rehearsals, no practice exams and absolutely no warm ups. This life is all that you get and you have to own it.  There will be times when you think you can't make it but trust me you can and you will.  There will be times when you feel broken but have no fear we are all broken souls. I think that is what makes us such compelling specimen. I am at a transitional phase in my life and I am excited about what life has in store for me. I am a little terrified but I've decided to dive head first off the cliff. If I don't I will never have the courage to do so. Life is too short and unpredictable to not live the life you always dreamed about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?