You Ready for 2013?

First of all I want to say congratulations, WE SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE! Unless we are all dead and we don't know it like on Lost. Anyways, I have spent a few weeks talking about 2012 now I think it is appropriate for me to talk about the future. Here are the things that I am most excited about for the year 2013.

  • Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting the Golden Globes
    • You cannot get more perfect than these two. 
  • Jennifer Lawrence hosting Saturday Night Live with The Lumineers as the musical guests. on January 19
  • Beyonce performing the Half Time show during the Superbowl
    • One thing I know for sure is Queen B knows how to run a great show. Her half time show will most likely go down in history. 
  • Seth Macfarlane hosting the Academy Awards
    • His sense of humor will be good shot of energy to the 85th Oscar Academy Awards. It will be a little reminiscent of the times Chris Rock and Jon Stewart hosted the show. I have sneaking suspicion that Seth will ruffle a few more feathers than these guys. 
  • Rebel Wilson aka as my spirit animal hosting the MTV Movie Awards. Maybe I will be actually watching it this year. 
  • Downton Abbey returns for its third season on PBS. Thankfully public funding has not been deducted.
  • The return of Shameless (January 13)  and Game of Thrones ( March 31)
    • These shows have been gone from my life a little too long. 
  • The Walking Dead returns back from its winter hiatus. (February 10)
  • The return of the Backstreet Boys
    • They will be releasing their first album as a quintet since Kevin rejoined the boys. 
  • ARTPOP by Lady Gaga
    • Since embarking on a global tour Lady Gaga has been absent on pop radio. She will be returning with her third studio effort. I hope to picks the right singles because she did not do right with Born This Way. So many great songs never became singles and mediocre songs did. 
  • LAS VEGAS!!! I will be traveling to Las Vegas for the first time next month. I would love to post pictures but I am not too sure what I would love to stay in Las Vegas. 
  • I hope that 2013 brings less pain and suffering to the world. That there a fewer natural disasters, that human beings decide to embrace their fellow brothers instead of killing them. I hope that people will choose to love against all odds. That is what I look forward to the most about 2013. 
I hope you all had a great holiday season. Have a Happy New Year and I will see you next year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?