Book Corner: A Discovery of Witches


Book Title: A Discovery of Witches
Author: Deborah Harkness
Rating: 4.5/5 All Stars

Diana Bishop may hail from a long lineage of witches but she chooses to live an ordinary and magic free life in Oxford, England. She spends the majority of her days conducting her research in Oxford's Bodleian Library.Her ordinary life turns upside down when she requests a manuscript called Ashmole 782. Unbeknownst to Diana, Ashmole 782 is a manuscript believed to contain important clues about the past and the future of several supernatural creatures. Soon Diana's discovery leads hordes of witches, vampires and daemons to descend upon the Bodeleian's reading rooms. Among these creatures is the sexy Matthew Clairmont, a dark and mysterious geneticist who happens to be a vampire. Diana and Matthew embark on a journey to understand the secrets of the manuscript but their newfound friendship begins to unravel the long existing peace between humans and creatures.

This is how a well read book looks like
A Discovery of Witches caught my attention as soon as I viewed its' cover at Barnes & Nobles. I was tickled to find out that my local library had the book in stock. When I begin reading the book I was pleased to find that it was a smooth read. The pages are rather long and filled with intense detail. I found myself taking longer to read a page than usual. The characters are well fleshed out and the chemistry between the two lead characters explodes from the pages. It is a grown and sexy novel with tons of historical tidbits for history buffs like myself. I was constantly on the edge of my seat wondering how things were going to turn out.

If you are looking for a book full of adventure, suspense, little romance mixed with history and sprinkled with magic A Discovery of Witches is the perfect book for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?