The London Bridge is not the Tower Bridge


I arrived in London with empty pockets and low spirits. Not my wisest decision since the city is soul crushing expensive. I was anxious about my time there since I had only figured out where I was going to be staying for the first four days. I was on a mission, to make the most of my time there and finally see Adele.

After one night at a hostel in Tottenham, I made my way to West Green for my next accommodation.  That night, I learnt some devastating news- Adele had cancelled her last two shows. My fantasies of drowning in my tears as I sang along to "Rolling in the Deep" while confetti kissed my hair was vanquished.

After swallowing my self pity, I wanted to make my next day as memorable as possible. This would not be a day I sulk in bed because Adele lost her voice. I was going to be as touristic as possible. I decided to head down to the London Bridge. 

I will admit I was a bit gobsmacked when I saw the bridge. It was not how I envisioned it. To my surprise the London Bridge was not the Tower Bridge. After pulling my jaw from the floor, I walked from the London Bridge to the Tower Bridge while taking tons of photos along the way. 
Panoramic view



Despite appearances, it was quite a warm day in London. The sun was in and out, but there was enough warmth for people to take full advantage of the summer day. People were having lunch on terraces, eating ice cream and taking in the sights.


 Along the path I discovered the Tower of London. The history dork in me squealed with delight.  I was so enamored with the Tower that I almost broke my sandals getting there.


I was not done with the Tower Bridge. I took more photos than a paparazzi following the Kardashians. It was just spectacular. It was exactly how I always dreamt it would look like. Spice World did not let me down. 



I made my way back to the London Bridge. I saw the memorial for the victims of the London Bridge attack. Out of respect for the lives lost, I have decided not to post the photos of the memorial. I ended my afternoon, having lunch at Cote before I headed to Kings Cross for an event. 
Yummy lunch
 Unfortunately, I had to purchase the tickets ahead of time so I was not able to attend it.  Unlike earlier the sum was completely out. I decided to take full advantage of the fleeting sunlight and explore Kings Cross. I will admit my mind wandered back to my time witnessing Tower Bridge in all its glory.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?