What brings me joy: March Edition

  • Bruno Mars/ Anderson. Paak/ Silk Sonic: "Leave the Door Open" 


Bruno Mars is back!  This time he brings Anderson. Paak with him  as they form a new duo named Silk Sonic. This song give me extreme 70's nostalgia. This song will have a long chart run and will receive tons of accolades. 

  • Chris Evans Instagram account
Chris Evans joining Instagram last year was a highlight of my year. He posts tons of content of his beautiful dog, the changing seasons, pranks and romantic thirst traps( e.g looking directly in the camera while he plays the piano). It is a gift that keeps on giving. 

  • African Beaches
Atlantic Ocean( Liberian edition)


I spent that last few weeks of 2020 and the first month of 2021 in Africa (specifically in Liberia and the Ivory Coast). For those who know, Africa really is the future. I am trying to find ways to move back to the continent permanently. God willing, it will be within the next two years.  Whenever I go back to the motherland, it always heals me.  Everything brings me joy but the beaches are my happy place. 
  • The Laverne Cox Show
The magnificent Laverne Cox has decided to release a podcast that soothes my soul every Thursday. Every episode I  learn something new, I heal and I grow. Out of all the podcast that I listen to, this is the only one that I listen to once a new episode drops. Her podcast can be found wherever you find your podcasts. 
  • Being a plant Mom
I have always enjoyed gardening and taking care of plants. While in lockdown I became a more attentive plant mom. I have attempted to nourish succulents(with not much prevail)  and even had an avocado plant for a little bit. I unfortunately lost her during the winter months. I have a Mamey Croton that has two new leaves coming through. I love watching her grow. I am taking care of an Elephant Bush succulent which is proving to be quite resilient during the winter. He is beautiful and he is brought me so much joy. I love being a plant mom. I love researching new plants and buying new plants.  Being a plant mom fulfills me. 
  • The King's Podcast
About 18 months ago, I flirted with an idea to start a podcast. Last November, The King's Podcast was born. I wanted  a space where I could continue my passion for film and television. It has progressed to include hot topics that have emerged within the entertainment industry. It is a lot of work and I feel that I am finally not letting my inner critic take hold. If you want to know what films or TV shows to watch check out my podcast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?