Love Song To Slumdog

Yesterday night I finally gave into my cravings and saw Slumdog Millionaire. There have been tons of whispers of how wonderful the film was and I had a feeling it would be worth every penny. To my surprise the movie was not a good movie... it was phenomenal! I was blown away by the cinematography, the editing and the directing. The score was excellent and I am in love with "Jai Ho". There was not a single weak link when it came to acting. I was particularly impressed by all of the actors who played the characters of Salim and Jamal. How fantastic is Dev Patel? Shame he was not nominated for an Oscar. I really believe in my heart and my critic gut that this movie will sweep the Oscars. In my long history of film watching I have not seen in film in the caliber of Slumdog Millionaire. The only film that provoked the same type of emotion out of me was Tsotsi, which won best foreign film at the Oscars a couple of years ago. It was incredible on Danny Boyle part to make this type of film through the eyes of boy who through the eyes of many has nothing but has so much love and greatness within him that many with everything do not even possess. The life that Jamal Malik was born into is one that I have witnessed from a far. Turning my head away whenever a young boy would come to me asking for money fearful that i might get taken advantage of. Watching all the devastation on the news comfortably from my couch. I think i was always aware that there was always a bigger man involved with these kids but I never really forced to think about the horrific situations these kids can placed in. With that here is my love song to Slumdog Millionaire, a movie that I always dreamed would be made, made me think about what is written in my life and I will be forever branded by this masterpiece.

Comments

T said…
it really was an amazing movie. the cinematography was breathtaking and frieda pinto is stunning. also, ten points if you guess who i am :)

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?