Summer Movies

It's May 1 which makes it the first weekend of SUMMER MOVIES! All year I have not been excited by any movie that was released. The last movie I saw in cinema was Slumdog Millionaire but that was released last year so it does not count. Summer movie season has started with the release of the much anticipated X- Men Origins: Wolverine. I have been excited about this movie since I first heard about it last spring. It looks amazing and it is directed by the amazing Gavin Hood(Check out Tsotsi to his cinematic genius). However, I have been hearing not so excellent reviews from people who saw it, so my excitement has dwindled. For the most part there are not many movies that I am wetting my pants for. But the ones that I am excited for have got me in a complete frenzy. I am also dying because the best show on television is coming back next month. Yes I am talking about True Blood. Hell Yeah!

My Top 5
5. Brüno
I think Sasha Baron Cohen is the funniest man on the planet. I adored Brüno on the Ali G Show . This movie seems even more offensive and hilarious than Borat. I can't wait

4. X-men Origins: Wolverine
Gavin Hood directing, a chance to see the amazing X-men, Hugh Jackman and Taylor"jizz in my pants" Kitsch.

3. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
When am I ever not excited for a Harry Potter film.

2. Inglorious Bastards
Quentin Tarantino directing, Brad Pitt in the lead role, blood, blood and more blood I rest my case.

1. The Proposal
Sandra Bullock + Ryan Reynolds= me with a huge bucket of popcorn on opening day

Honorable Mention: (500) Days of Summer- this movie seems absolutely adorable. I do have a thing for independent/artsy films.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?