Lonely Girl

I tried to deny it and hope that the emptiness will disappear. But behind every laugh, every smile and every embrace is nothing. No real emotion at all. I did not think it was possible but I feel so alone. There is no one to turn to. No one who really understands me or no one to be my crying shoulder. I am alone in a room with a million strangers. All of them passing me by and not caring for my existence. There are moments that I stumble and hit the person next to me. For a split second it feels like they are going to help, help me escape the fall to the pit of despair. But they don't. They just brush their shoulders and leave me to drown in the emptiness of the room. I am not sure if I will ever find someone who gets me. Am I destined to be alone in a crowded room?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?