I should be sleeping

I should be sleeping but I am too wired to go to bed right now. I thought it would be good to let out some of my frustration via writing. So i was looking at trending topics on Twitter when I spotted "you lie" there. Out of curiosity I decided to check it out. It was a trending topic that started from Rep Joe Wilson yelled out "You Lie" during President Obama address to the congress. I watched his speech and found it to be phenomenal. I thought wow, how I am lucky to see such a great man be a leader of such a great country. When I heard the 'you lie' yell I first thought someone said "why?' so I was a little confused. When I realized that the person yelled out lie, I just had to roll my eyes. Seriously, that is disrespectful. Telling your president that he is a liar. Who does this guy think he is? Obviously he is ...you know since I have nothing nice to say I am not going to say anything. I am just frustrated and angry right now. What is wrong with people? President Obama can not do anything right. They have to pick a bone with him for everything. There is a need to create health reform. Instead of trying to destroy it before it sees the light of day why don't we try to help the president to create a great policy that helps our nation.
I try my best not to claim a party because historically both parties have wronged black folks. So I just look at the candidates and think which ones will best fit what I stand for. Lately I have just been turned off by members of the Republican party, to the point I get a weird feeling when I meet someone who calls themselves a republican. I know that not all Republicans are bad but there are some(most likely a small minority) that are a little misguided. CAN WE JUST GET ALONG!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?