WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!

This morning I began to listen to Tina Turner's classic "We Don't Need Another Hero" and my paradigm began to shift.I got my mojo back and therefore you lucky devils a blog post. My heart has been heavy over the last few weeks. I could never pinpoint the exact cause for my heavy heart but there would always be a trigger to my crying soul. It could be a comment here or an action there. A real disgust to how insensitive, selfish and evil man could be. There were so many thoughts running through my mind and different emotions that were flying high. Yet I could not formulate all of this energy into words.

It maybe 2010 but I feel like we are back in the 1960's on an eve of a revolution. My mind is flooded with memories from the past where people with African ancestry were hosed down by a fire hose and attacked by police dogs for demanding to be treated as equals. The graphic image of a young man using the American flag as a weapon during the anti-busing rally in Boston. The Little Rock Nine who had to face an angry mob every morning on their way to school. It makes me wonder what our ancestors will think about us now in the era of a Black President. We have come far but we are no where near where we need to be. There are reports of us living in a post racial America. The KKK is rising in numbers and so are hate crimes, there are more black men in prison than in jail. So a post racial America? I think that's a hell no.

As a Christian and a firm believer in the motto "What would Jesus Do?" it makes me sick to my stomach how people can hide behind their faith in order to promote their own hate and fears.It is scary what fear can do to a man. It can lead to total annihilation of a population , enslavement or laws put into place to keep the status quo.Something has got to give. So I leave you with these words today

WE ARE THE CHILDREN
THE LAST GENERATION
WE ARE THE ONES THEY LEFT BEHIND
AND I WONDER WHEN WE ARE EVER GONNA CHANGE
LIVING UNDER THE FEAR, TILL NOTHING ELSE REMAINS
ALL THE CHILDREN SAY
WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER HERO
WE DON`T NEED TO KNOW THE WAY HOME
ALL WE WANT IS LIFE BEYOND
THUNDERDOME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?