Fireflies, Popcorn and Eye Candy: My Summer at the Movies

Aw summer time! Time for family BBQ, beach outings, trips to local amusement parks and hot summer nights at the movies. Summer time is probably the most exciting time for movie lovers and by movie lovers i mean myself. The films came in all shape and sizes. There are the blockbusters, indies, comedies, animated films and rom com you name it. Unfortunately this summer offers did not leave me satisfied. Times are getting rough and going to the movies is almost turning into a luxury. Wasn't there a $20 ticket that rose this summer? My point exactly, going to the movies is not a cheap affair. I want to leave the theatres without feeling like I wasted my money. I want to be thoroughly entertained. I admit that I have been spoiled recently by some great films. Avatar made me look at sci fi/fantasy films in a different light. It is safe to say I really was spoiled by that film. Thanks a lot James Cameron for raising the bar for me. How To Train a Dragon made me think about animated films differently. It was such a pleasant surprise and probably one of the best films I saw this year. So I am not going to be spending money on fluff. There have been so incredible films this Summer. Toy Story 3( my heart bleed, I cried like a two year old) and Inception( i need to see it again, the hotel fight scene was epic). They are the breakout hits of the summer because they do not mock the audience. We are getting our money's worth at the box office. I have yet to see The Kids Are All Right( I know that I will love it) and I am looking forward to seeing Scott Pilgrim vs The World( it looks epic) .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?