A Little Disturbed

So last night I decided to watch an independent film. First of all the previews looked intriguing and lets be honest it stars the amazing Joseph Gordon Levitt. I have always loved JGL but after seeing Inception, I was just in awe of him. Do we have any 3rd Rock from the Sun fans? I grew up on that show. Angels in the Outfields and was my favorite film as a child 10 Things I hate about you is a film that I am passionately in love with. So I am a long time fan. So naturally I want to watch more of his recent performances. So I decided to watch Mysterious Skins last night. Now this film is a hard film to watch, i think hard does not even describe it. I thought Precious was disturbing, that was an ice cream sundae compared to Mysterious Skins. The rape scene horrified me and raised many questions in my head. How in the world do you do that to someone? Were you not loved as a child? Just confused.
Don't even get me started on the coach. I feel there is a special place in hell burning for him and people just like him. I have never been someone who supported the death penalty but after watching this film i find myself quoting Samuel L. Jackson. "Yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell". Then I remembered that is not right for me to judge people and I am supposed to be a compassionate and understanding human being. In the end maybe I am not supposed to understand people like that. Maybe I can still remain sane without rationalizing their behaviors and wishing hell upon them. I am trying really hard to be a good Shepard( Thank you Pulp Fiction). Anyways I do recommend this film. It was a really brilliant heart wrenching powerful beautiful film but disturbing as if u seek!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?