Oh True Blood

So this past Sunday marked the end of season 3 of True Blood. I am a little sad that one of my favorite shows on TV has come to a close but also a little bit disappointed. The third season of True Blood did not live up to its predecessors. The first season was excellent and the second season was like crack(Krispy Kreme crack, that good). The beginning of this season was a little slow but midway through True Blood was turning into one hour of pure delight. Then the finale came and it was a bust. Nothing really happened during this finale. I have faith in Alan Ball that things will pick back up next season. You got to have faith in the genius behind Six Feet Under(The best show that was ever on Television aka my new obsession). The best things about this season have been the relationship between Hoyt and Jessica( so sweet it makes my teeth hurt), Franklin with his crazy ass and Russell(absolute joy to watch). I did enjoy the werewolves this season, Debbie and Coot were a hoot. For those who have not gotten into True Blood, believe me its a great show but make sure to start from the beginning. It can get a bit messy trying to come into it later on. Here is to next summer and a whole new dose of True Blood.

The end of True Blood means the beginning of the Fall season. The return of classics like Dexter(last year's finale was spectacular, now that was a finale), guilty pleasures like Desperate Housewives and a whole string of new shows like Undercovers and Nikita. I got to see the pilots of Hellcats and Nikita. I am shocked, I actually enjoyed them but secretly I thought I would. Both shows are reminiscent of the WB glory days. They are not the best shows on television but they are enjoyable, hopefully things pick up as the season progresses. I am looking forward to The Event(this year's Lost), Undercovers(Boris Kodjoe enough said),No Ordinary Family(The Incredibles meets Heroes vibe), $#*! my Dad Says(looks Hilarious) the most. Mike & Molly looks like it maybe cute as well. I will be doing my duties as TV critic this fall, exciting stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?