First Day of Oscars my true love gave to me

The biggest night of the year for filmmakers and movie lovers has finally arrived. The night where Hollywood honors the best films of the past year. This year the winners appear to be locked in with very few surprises. Now is my time to predict who will be taking home the golden statue.

Best Picture: The King's Speech
In the beginning of Award season it appeared that the Social Network was the film to beat. Late in the hour The King's Speech began to take over the awards. There is still a possibility that The Social Network will win but I believe that the Academy will give the honor to The King's Speech.


Best Director:
David Fincher for The Social Network(TSN)
Even though he lost Director's Guild Award to Tom Hopper I believe that Fincher will win this one.

Best Actress: Natalie Portman for Black Swan
I believe that this is Natalie's to win but I believe that Jennifer Lawrence could possibly pull an Adrien Broday upset.

Best Actor: Colin Firth for The King's Speech
I don't see any other actor winning this award beside Colin Firth. I will be shocked if he doesn't win.

Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale for The Fighter
The only threat to Christian Bale winning is Geoffrey Rush. He does have a good possibility of winning this award but the Academy will award Mr Bale.

Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo for The Fighter
This is probably the most unpredictable category because all actresses have a good shot at winning. All award season Melissa Leo has been unstoppable but people seemed to love Hailee Steinfield performance in True Grit. There is also Helena Bonham Carter to take in consideration especially with her BAFTA win. In the end I think this award will be between Melissa and Helena with Melissa for the win.

Best Original Screenplay: David Seidler for The King's Speech
There is talk of Christopher Nolan winning for Inception but The King's Speech screenplay is too good to go unnoticed.

Best Adapted Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin for The Social Network
The surest bet. I would be shocked if he does not win

Best Original Score: Trent Rezor and Atticus Rose for The Social Network
Even though I want How to Train Your Dragon to win this will go to TSN.

Best Animated Feature: Toy Story 3
Even though I want How to Train Your Dragon to win the most critical acclaimed film of the year will win this. I will be happy anyway.

Best Film Editing: The Social Network

Best Art Direction: The King's Speech

Best Cinematography: Inception

Best Foreign Language Film: In a Better World(Denmark)

Best Documentary: Exit through the Gift Shop

Best Original Song: If I Rise from 127 Hours

Best Sound Editing: Inception

Best Sound Mixing: Inception
I want it to The King's Speech but I think that the sound and visual awards have Inception written all over them.

Best Costume Design: The King's Speech

Best Visual Effects: Inception

Best Makeup: The Wolfman

Best Animated Short: Day & Night
What a great short film.


Best Documentary and Live Action Short:
Not sure who will win these

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?