Where's The Dad?

Award season has finally come to an end after a spectacular season. Last night was the 83rd annual Academy Awards. This year I went all out. I had a drink and Oscar ready snacks on hand. There was very few surprise wins but I felt that the Academy got it right. For the most part I guessed accurately the winners for the ceremony. I was pleasantly surprised when Tom Hopper won Best Director. I thought since he is pretty much a new figure in movie world he would not win over veterans like David Fincher. I was ecstatic when The King's Speech won Best Picture. Bow down to King Firth!!!! The incredible, flawless and charming man won Best Actor. I would have loved to see him break out in a little dance. Heck, I would have done a back flip if I won. I pretty much sure if I was videotaped during his win, I would have made those boys jumping on their bed after Miss Philippines made it to the top 15 during Miss Universe seem unenthusiastic.

Breakdown: One of the biggest mistakes I made after the Oscars was reading comments from fellow viewers. My word, I now understand what trolling is on the Internet. Let us be honest here for a second. The awards that The Social Network won for was what made the film incredible. They had a phenomenon script, fantastic score and the editing was spot on. Was it the best film of the year? No. Was it one of the best films of the year? Yes. People need to stop trolling because it won some incredible awards. I mean it wasn't shut out completely like True Grit. On a side note how lovely and classy did Hailee Steinfeld look. I really hope she does not go to the life of crazy partying, where she is known for her crazy antics instead of her talent. As expected Inception won the technical awards. I'm a little annoyed that it won more awards then Avatar won last year though but what to do.

Ceremony: My favorite part of last night ceremony was the autotone montage. How epic was "The Ball of Light"? "He doesn't own a shirt" was pretty good as well but I guess I loved "The Ball of Light" so much because its from Harry Freaking Potter. I thought the best presenters were Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. They have an incredible banter and I would love it if they hosted the Oscars. I believe the sequel to Sherlock Holmes is coming out his winter. Looking forward to it. Also how amazing was Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi last night? They sang beautifully. I know that Mr. Levi has a huge fangirl base and I think I just got added to that list. Speaking of being a fangirl, how adorable was Jesse Eisenberg? You know that you got it going on when miss Top Model(Tyra Banks) herself has a crush on you. :( that there was not much focus on Andrew Garfield. I think my favorite acceptance speech went to Luke Matheny. How adorable was "I should have gotten a hair cut". The Best Picture montage was fantastic. I thought it was brilliant editing to have the final speech in The King's Speech be the backdrop for the compilation of the Best Picture nominees. The in memory section was unforgettable. Celine Dion can do no wrong, it was a tearjerker.

Hosting: I believe when the show first started James Franco and Anne Hathaway were doing a great job at hosting. By midway through it seemed like they lost their spark a little bit. James seemed to be a little out of it, maybe it was nerves. I have to give them mad props it takes a lot of guts to host the Oscars.

F Bomb: There was a lot of commotion of the Melissa Leo's use of the F word. In honesty it really was not that bad. When things happen like winning an Oscar you really don't have much control over your emotions. She is an incredible actress and that is what is important at the end of the day. People ranting about how "classless" she is really need to get a life. Like you don't curse in your daily lives? Haters are gonna hate right. If it was a man that dropped the F bomb it would not be such a big deal but since its a women all hell breaks loose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?