All things Gaga

So I have been a Lady Gaga fan aka little monster  since August of 2008. I have watched her blossom from a girl with a club hit to a pop cultural phenomenon.  I have to admit that recently I have been really protective of her. I guess she has entered my Backstreet Boys level of loyalty. Which means that I feel like someone has slapped my mama every time I hear a negative comment about her. Take for example, Scotty Mccreery( recent American Idol contestant) said he felt like he had to kiss her cross when he was around her and ask God to forgive him. What an example of being Christ Like.(I'm being sarcastic in case you didn't figure it out). You know I won't be voting for him. Lately I have been a little disheartened by the feedback she has been getting. I get that most people do not get her but people forget that she is human too. Some of the comments that came after the release of her latest single Judas was distasteful. Saying the song is sacrilegious or that she is going to hell, really are you throwing that stone right now.  Now let me break Judas down for those that still do not understand the song. The song is about being in love with the wrong man, the man that constantly betrays you. Now everyone has had a Judas one time in their lives. Lady Gaga has decided to use the metaphor to showcase the degree of betrayal by her lover. Now as I recall Judas was not Satan but a man so overtaken by greed that he betrayed the one person who meant the most to him. For the prophecy to be complete, it was necessary for Judas to betray Jesus. If the betrayal did not happen, Christianity as we know it would not exist. Jesus would be considered solely as a prophet and not the son of God. It was his resurrection that separated him from others. That is the main belief of Christianity, that Christ died for our sins and that he rose from the dead. So I do not see what people are all up i arms about Judas. Honestly I think it is one of her best works. The beat pays homage to her previous hits like Bad Romance and Poker Face. The music video was tamed to what I expected from her. Being a fan of Sons of Anarchy I was in love with the whole Motorcycle Club vibe. I also loved the dancing section not on a art level but on a oh my goodness how fierce are her dancers level. How genius was it that in the end she was stoned to death for still being in love with Judas( the man who betrayed her) instead of moving on to a more righteous man. Personally I think that Lady Gaga is stepping up her game and taking a lot of risks. Not all the risks will pay off but I am so proud of her, the direction she is taking her music is wonderful. One thing I respect about her is how honest she is about supporting Gay rights. There are people who do not like her simply because of this fact. I say more power to her. When you get to that level of fame it is always a wonderful thing to stand up for what you believe in. So this is what a little monster has to say about all the uproar about Lady Gaga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?