May just got interesting

So unless you are living under a rock you have heard the news that Osama Bin Laden has died. When I first heard I was in a state of disbelief and complete utter shock. I just could not comprehend what I was hearing. Osama Bin Laden dead. C'est incryoyable! Immediately  I started thinking about the implications of his death. I just had this sickening feeling of retaliation, dare I say fear. What in the world is al qaeda going to do now that one of their prominent figures has met his demise? Knowing how they operate they are going to want to do harm to not only the American people but the entire West. Honestly I do not know what would make people want to kill innocent people especially in vengeance for a man who was responsible for loss of thousands of lives. Not only was Osama Bin Laden the mastermind behind September 11 but he orchestrated the attacks on the US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya. Seriously, God forgive me,  he had to go. Now I'm just thinking about what an even more pain traveling will be but understandably so. I believe in the next couple of weeks or perhaps months all of the West will be in high alert.

The one thing I cannot comprehend is the people that were celebrating in the streets. It is a great victory but I don't think it was appropriate to be having a big old party. I just believe that it would bring more fuel to the fire. I can understand fist pump or why people would be drawn to tears but having a pep rally not too sure about that. I remember thinking why the news programs were showing people celebrating in the streets. It is not going to go well with the extremists. The only time I have cheered a death for another human being is been in films, far from reality. I guess people were caught up in the now and not really thinking things true. Regardless of the spontaneous celebrations it was a wonderful thing to witness; justice being served. I will always remember May 1, 2011 as the last page of the reign of terror known as Osama Bin Laden. I am just hoping I will live to see the day when we do not have to worry of terrorists or war. When we will all realize that we are just visitors on the Earth and should respect her in harmony with no more bloodshed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?