Oh Middle School

It is not everyday I feel like I watch my life unfold before my very eyes. Usually when I watch films or TV shows I am living vicariously through the characters. I am going on adventures or having an intriguing love life. That is not what happened when I watched a DVR recording of The Middle last night. Anyone who went to middle school came out with some serious growing pains. I do not like to dwell in the past especially my life as a middle school girl. I was the biggest girl in class, I wore braces and had glasses. I was a real catch. My biggest problem was I was so eager for people to like me, I did not realize when they were Regina Georging me. For example it was a friend's birthday party and she invited me over with a special request, that I bring The Lost World to her party. Now as a good friend I wore my birthday party best and brought the VHS with me. When I got there it turns out she just wanted me to bring the tape, she did not intend for me to stay over. Now this whole thing happened in front of the entire birthday party guests. I was more than humiliated and my Dad had already left. Now if she had told me to bring her the tape, I would have given it to her the day before. What was the point of telling me to come over to her party just to hand over the tape. To make matters worst, the next school day her and her number two ganged up on me for a yelling fest. I still can't believe it.
Now this is what happened in The Middle, Sue the middle child is in Middle School. She is kind of a nerd and is so eager to be popular. It really makes some laughable moments.  One day she and two of her friends, Samantha and Carly go to the movies. Her Dad, Mike comes along because he hears boys will be there. It turns out the boys would be the least concern for him. When Sue is in the bathroom fixing her braces because gummy bears got caught in them, her  friend Samantha who invites Carly over for a  sleepover. She tells Carly  that she does not want to invite Sue over because the other popular girls will make fun of her. She is just being a good friend. The Dad listens to all of this go down and is in disbelief. He asks his wife what he should do but she tells him not to do anything. She informs him that life as a middle school girl is like walking through a mine field. I could not agree more with that statement. It was funny seeing the Father being petty to Samantha throughout the episode. On the night of the sleep over, The Dad plans a special night for Sue. He allows her to rent Eclipse and plans a father daughter movie night. Samantha calls Sue to ask for an extra sleeping bag, she informs Sue that she is going on a camping trip with her family. The Dad knows what is really going on and asks to take the sleeping bag for her. There was a hilarious scene between the two Dads. It was heartwarming to so all he did to make sure that evening would be amazing for Sue. It was so funny to see something that happened to me growing up on the silver screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?