Tree of Life

Dear Tree of Life,

I came to you as your reluctant servant. How many years have we played this game of submission and resistance? How many years have I fought to be free from the black hole you have enclosed me in? How many scars I have I endured? With each passing hour I feel your vines tightening around my wrists constricting my every movement. With each passing hour I feel your branches tapping against my skull. There is no life here where you have constrained me. All that I have loved has long vanished. I feel that if you do not release me I will be consumed by the pit of despair that has taken all that I have cherished in this world. I came to your now as your reluctant servant, begging for my freedom. One way or another I shall crawl up this hole and claim the life you have longed denied me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?