Four for you Glen Coco, You Go Glen Coco

Last night the Grammy nominations were announced and I did not know what to expect. The only thing I knew was that  Adele was going to get multiple nominations. When the Record of the Year nominations were announced I became delirious. Rolling in the Deep was a given but to see Grenade and The Cave there as well I was overjoyed. I was also happy to see Bon Iver's Holocene there as well.  It was a great category. I was shocked about Firework being nominated but I understood why  it was. Then the Song of the year nominations were announced. I became hysterical because Grenade and The Cave once again were nominated. I can not explain how much I love Mumford & Sons and how much The Cave has touched me. I love Grenade and don't know where all the hate comes from. It's a great record but some people just do not Bruno Mars because his music is too "sappy" whatever that means. All of the Lights was well deserved as well. The next nominations that were announced were Best New Artist. It was a good category with a diverse group of nominees. I won't be shocked if Bon Iver wins this category.  The last category annonunced was Album of the Year. I was shocked about this category and a little disappointed. I was thrilled at 21 for being nominated(arguably the best album released this year). I was stocked to see Born This Way( worried she was getting shut out) and Doo-Wops& Hooligans( a great album). I was also happy that Wasting Light by the Foo Fighters got nominated. I am not a big Foo Fighters fan but I recognize their contribution to  music and I feel that they are a little unappreciated by the award circuits. Now the nomination for Loud as being the Best Album was laughable. Loud was not a good album especially in comparison to Rihanna's previous efforts and the albums that were released this year. First off My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy should have been in that category. Then there are Torches( Foster the People), 4( Beyonce), Speak Now( Taylor Swift), My Kinda Party( Jason Aldean), Duets II( Tony Bennett), The Lady Killer( Cee Lo Green) and Bon Iver. You are telling me out of all these albums Loud deserved to be nominated. I am not happy. Moving on, Robyn being nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album and Best Dance Recording for Call Your Girlfriend, can I die now. I am so happy that she is nominated. Her album is amazing and Call Your Girlfriend is a dance classic. Then P!nk is nominated for F**king Perfect as Best Pop Solo Performance. I don't know why she is surprised that was one of the best pop performances this year. I would have been upset if she wasn't nominated. I would love it if she won but she is up against the incredible and unstoppable Adele (Someone Like You). Paradise(Coldplay) being nominated Best Pop Duo/Group performance is well deserved. Well congrats to all the nominees and may the best one win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?