What I Learnt This Year?

There are only four days left in the year and I feel like I have lived a thousand lives this year. When the year began I believed that this year will be the year things worked in my favor. Now that the year is ending I realized that I went through hell and somehow I am still breathing. At first I believed that  a part of me died during the storms but I have come to realize that I evolved, most for the better and some for the worst. During my journey of getting through 2011 I learnt more about myself, life and others than I cared to learn.

I soon realized that in order to survive in this big bad world you need to love yourself completely. When that happens everything falls into place. You have to love all of your flaws and that way no one can bring your down. When you love yourself you will be able to stand by your opinions, your actions and trust your judgement. The second guessing will disappear and the fear of being seen as the bad guy, bitch or the asshole will vanish as well. What I learnt is that you can't let the fear stop you from saying what you feel because in the end everyone will be miserable. Now that you are wild and free you can love and be loved. Living in the shadows in relationships is never healthy. You will never get to to know the other person and they will never be given the chance to know you. If they don't like what they see guess what they are not worth it. There is no point in keeping people in your lives that diminish your shine or make you feel that you are not perfect just the way you are. There is no point in keeping people in your lives that do not value your friendship, it may be hard but you got to let them go. I learnt this the hard way, it is amazing who keeps in touch with you when your going through hell. I've cut them out of my life and I have never been happier. Just remember it is important to be the best friend, child and parent you can be. You never know when you will see them again.

Eat whatever you like as long as it makes your body feel good. If your stomach and chest is hurting, you are breaking out or you are releasing gas, it is pretty obvious that your body is not loving the food. Find out what exercise works for you, you will be amazed at what a little workout can do for the body and mind. Always remember to treat yourself. It could be a pedicure, new clothes or a vacation. Just remember that you deserve to feel special. Don't stress out about the bills, where there is a will there is a way. Always do you, do what makes you happy and what comes naturally. Who cares what others think, they will have a opinion whether you do good or bad. Spend at least one hour by yourself to reflect and re-energize. Solo naked dance parties are always fun just make sure that no one is around, that could get a little awkward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?