Battle Royale: Candice vs. Kree

This is a continuation of my previous post.

We are down to the final two, Candice and Kree. This has been my dream finale since the Vegas rounds. Candice's voice is like a musical instrument. She plays with it like it's a saxophone. She has great musicality,  her performance of Lovesong and You've Changed are standouts. I never once doubted she would be in the top 2. If she wins on Thursday it will be a well deserved win. I hope she releases a jazz infused album. You do not understand how much I need that album in my life. I hope this is the direction she takes her talent. She is too talented to not be successful. If anyone questions whether she deserves to be in the top 2, they need to have their ears cleaned.


Kree is such an interesting story for me. I don't remember her before the Vegas rounds. In my defense her audition never aired, she was not a main focus during the group rounds and I missed her solo performance during Hollywood week. When she was introduced I thought oh great another country singer. Once she opened her mouth, I fell in love. I am not the only one, she has a huge fan following and Ryan Seacrest has a bit of a crush on her. Every week my love for her grew like a blooming rose. Never in my imagination did I think it was possible for me to love a country artist. She has so much soul in her voice and she is such a beautiful human being. I am borderline obsessed with this girl. This is the  moment I fell in love and I predicted she would be in the Top 2.


It has not been an easy road for Kree towards the finale. She had smooth sailing towards the top 5 then the tides turned. Instead  of the judges offering her constructive criticism they were giving critics that seemed to come out of their ass. Sometimes I would think to myself what in the world are they hearing. They will give high praise for a performance by another artist that was mediocre but fail to give props to Kree. It was beyond frustrating, no wonder Haley did not take their nonsense. I wanted to yell where are my dragons? and send my dragons to deal with them. Dracarys! I admit that for three weeks Kree performances did not have much pizzazz as her earlier performances but she deserves to be in the Top 2. She did not make it there because of her "sob story". If you think so I will personally come through the screen a la Ring and slap you. Nor did she make it because of crazed conservative country fans. I voted for her like crazy and I'm not conservative and I barley listen to country music. If she wins on Thursday evening it will be a well deserved win as well and could not happen to anyone more beautiful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?