Waiting for Summer

After a harsh winter, I find myself in the midst of spring. I have planted seeds and I await for them to come to bloom. The unforgiving winter winds and blistering cold may be long gone but they whisper on my breath. Now as I await my summer I wonder if my winter was as bad as I believed it to be. In the darkness I watch the sun rise and set. All alone I wonder if today will be the first day of summer. Along this journey I have experienced detours and roadblocks. At times there were paths that disappeared from my horizon. Sometimes I wonder if I only dreamed of them.

Call it stupidity or call it optimism, I have complete faith that all the fruits of my labor will come to light.
It is the wait that causes me grief. Waiting for the indication that the winds have changed and my season has arrived. The season of the midnight sun. The season where butterflies fly during the day and fireflies light the skies at night. I am ready for the summer of my life.

One thing I do know is that we all go through seasons. If you are in the winter of your life just keep trekking. Things may not be growing but there is a beauty during this time. Don't try to run towards someone else's summer or spring. Your time will soon come and when it does you will be engulfed in its beauty. For all of us waiting for summer-let's grab a cold one, this might take awhile. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?