The First Layover in Dublin

After completing an internship from hell  and spending a weekend realizing that camping is not my specialty. I jetted off to the British Isles. It would have been great if I booked a direct flight from Newark to Dublin. 
Unfortunately, my budget had me purchase tickets for a ridiculous route. I started off in Newark, stopped in Montreal and Toronto before I had a long layover in Dublin. Besides learning I am not cut out for camping, I learnt that sometimes it pays to just book a direct flight. 
I arrived in Dublin around 10 in the morning and I was devastated to learn that my bag did not make the journey. I was anxious because I was flying out to London the next morning. For the record, my bag did not get to me until a week in my stay in London. 


Once, I got over the initial shock I took a Dublin Bus to O'Connell Street( the stop for my hostel). Public transportation from the airport to the City Centre is convenient and reasonably priced. When I got off the bus, I was greeted by the fabulous Big Spire. I checked into the Spire Hostel and rested for a bit before I hit the town.



Dublin is a city with beautiful architecture and some lovely people. It is a city that beats to my rhythm.  I grabbed some lunch at Nando's( I know not original). The day I arrived was the night Ireland was having a match against Italy in UEFA Euro. There was a lot of excitement in the air and it boiled over once they won the match. 
She's so powerful 
 The only bummer about Dublin is that things close relatively early. Make sure you grab your dinner early enough. I believe only pubs were opened after 9 pm.
I wished I could have stayed longer so I could explore more of Ireland. I could have booked a tour to see Game of Thrones locations. Maybe visit an Irish Castle, that would have been wonderful.
Butcher Shop 
One thing I know for certain, I am definitely coming back to Dublin. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?