Rainy Day in Bath

My sister arranged for us to have a little city break. She had purchased tickets for us to go to Bath. We were going to take the bus to Bath and return with the train. We had a short bracket of time to enjoy Bath, since we were going to see an opera that night.

 Unfortunately, we were delayed getting to the bus station and missed the first bus out. I received the wrath of my sister since it was my fault. We did manage to get a later bus, but our time in Bath would be shorter.  The bus ride was short and sweet. It was long enough for me to doze off a couple of times and still have time to marvel at the lovely English countryside.
Congrats Grads
It was a rainy day in Bath. The sun decided to take a sick day. Not the ideal weather for sightseeing nor commencement. 
 Bath is an unique city. Everywhere you turn the Roman influence is undeniable. Especially when you look at  the architecture of Bath.
I am a history buff, so I geeked out when we arrived at the Roman baths. We went on the audio guide tour. This allowed us to go through the baths with our own personal guide via  portable phones.
 It was crazy to think that centuries ago people traveled far and wide to come to this site. They believed that the baths had healing powers and it was sacred site.
How cool is this?
 I was impressed by how intact the baths were. I let my imagination run wild with how it must have been. It must have been a glorious sight.
Don't touch the spring
 I would have touched the water if it was not ill-advised. The water is not treated and intend to live a long healthy life.
View outside of the bathroom
  I did try some treated bath water, when the tour was over. You can try some at the end of your tour. It was warm and tasted like eggs. I don't think I'm going to do that again.
Lover's Lane
 Once we left the baths, we got to explore the city a bit. While walking around the city, I felt a sense of belonging. That this was a city that I could be inspired by. Give me one month and I could write an incredible novel. Just a feeling that I had.
The loveliest phone booth
 We managed to grab some lunch and headed off to the train station to catch our train back to London.

Panoramic view of the Bath Train Station

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?