Let Me Brighton Your Day.

It was a beautiful July morning and we had our eyes set on heading down to Brighton. I did not know much about Brighton, only that it was a popular destination and Adele had a home there. We caught an early train and arrived to Brighton with tons of hours to kill. 


 Unfortunately, it was not a warm day to be heading down to the beach. It was incredibly windy, but Brighton was so lovely that I did not mind much.
Just like a postcard
Everywhere I turned was picturesque. Tons of trinkets to pick up along the way. We got few items to nibble on since we had missed breakfast. I got myself some hot cocoa to keep myself warm.
Lunch time, I decided it was time to try fish and chips. I could not leave England without tasting one of their famous dishes.  It was not quite what I expected, but at least the waiter was hot.
Fish n' chips

We got to explore the pier and the shore. It would have been enjoyable to take advantage of the water, but it was too cold.
Music on the pier

Enjoying the breeze and sunshine
I got to try my first Pimms with lemonade cocktail. It was refreshing. Besides cider, it is my drink of choice when I'm in England. 
Too blessed to be stressed

Drinking Pimms on the beach
Time soon arrived for us to head back home. I had a phone full of digital memories and a belly filled with chips and Pimms. It was a good time.
Au revoir Brighton, until next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?