Three Nights in Nola: Brunch and Gators

A feast for kings
 It was our last full day in New Orleans and we wanted to make sure we went out with a bang. What could be more Louisiana than good food, gators and jazz. We started our day right with breakfast at Cafe Fleu De Lis.

gang is all here
I opted for the Creole Country Breakfast that allowed me a chance to try boudin. Boudin is a sausage that is stuffed with pork rice dressing. It was interesting, not particularly life changing. I also got a side of banana pecan pancakes and a chocolate iced coffee. Honestly, I feel that the chocolate iced coffee was finished as soon as it was put in front of me. It was that good.
capturing a selfie
After brunch one of our members had to bid as farewell. We said our goodbyes and the rest of us headed to the swamp to take a look at the gators. Once again, the lyft driver reminded us how lovely the people of New Orleans are. Southern hospitality is a real thing and it is beautiful. 

I envisioned us being on air boat us we explored the swamps. Likely that was not the case, because there was a serious rain shower that came over us. We would have been drowned rats. We boarded a rather large boat and our swamp tour began. 
Our tour guide was a riot. Almost all the wildlife we came across he had eaten. Most of them were delicious according to his palate.

Can you see him?
We did get to see some gators up close. Turns out they have a thing for marshmallows. Who would have thought?

There was a stillness in the swamps that was quite comforting. I am not saying that I want to move down to the bayou and chill with alligators, but it was rather relaxing.
Our trip was quite brief. I believe we on the tour for less than forty minutes total. We started heading back 20 minutes into our tour. I would have liked to see more, but I guess that is how the cookie crumbles.

After our tour, we headed back to our residence for some much needed R&R. My sister and I even  watched an incredible film on Netflix called Suite Française. If you have a chance, please watch it. It was captivating. We ended our night on Frenchmen street. Every bar we stopped in was a grand buffet of talent. There was even a brass band jamming on outside. I would share the videos with y'all, but I don't like how they turned out. So that was how we spent our last full day in New Orleans.



Comments

bijou.king said…
What a trip! Those few days in Nola were everything :)

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?