Summer Favorites

There are only a few weeks left of summer. Only a few more weeks of barbecues, lazy days at the beach, chilling by the lake, eating funnel cake near a Ferris wheel and chasing fireflies on your back porch. Just a few more weeks to create wonderful summer memories. This summer was an enlightening one for me. I traveled a lot and got to spend  good amount of time understanding myself. Here are a few things that peaked my interest over this wonderful season.

Must Read: The Love Interest
What happens when two boys vying for the affection of girl fall in love themselves? Cale Dietrich's first novel is funny, romantic, daring and sexy. I could not put it down. A great way to start my summer reading series.

Must Watch: Big Little Lies
I know I am a few months late, but Big Little Lies is incredible. The score, the cinematography, editing, the acting, the writing and the direction are all outstanding. Sometimes I feel that TV is miles ahead of film.

Reclaiming my time: The Bachelorette
via GIPHY
When Rachel Lindsay was announced as the new Bachelorette, I was ecstatic. I loved her on Nick's season of The Bachelor. I was disappointed that she would not win his heart, but so proud that she would become the first black Bachelorette. I was glued to my TV, with the promise of an epic love story. What I got was a season of hot messes. Too much time was spent on unnecessary feuds and not enough time carving out the love story between Rachel and the winner. When she picked Bryan over Peter, I was disappointed. This was a guy that tongue wrestled with her stomach on the first night they met. It was not a good look for them. He came across as a corny dick head. I tried to give him a chance since rumors came out that he won, but I literally could not stomach him.  ABC had set up Peter and Rachel to have this Noah and Allie type of romance knowing well that they would not end up together. That was a dick move on the network's part.

I have watched several seasons of the Bachelor  and I have never seen the fan frenzy that Peter and Rachel received. They were my favorite couple on  Bachelor Nation after Trista/ Ryan and Catherine/ Sean. Unfortunately, their love story did not end up like them.

I was not the only one left with a bad taste in my mouth after watching the finale. Tons of disappointing tweets and posts were done that night. Insult to injury, Rachel and Peter never got their closure that they deserved. Rachel came across as nasty during their interaction and it broke my heart because she was someone I adored. That was not the Rachel I loved on Nick's season. I don't like how being with Bryan makes her. I wish them the best. As for ABC...
via GIPHY

Must Listen: Kesha- Rainbow

My girl is back and better than ever. This is an incredible record and she deserves the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?