Summer Loving 2019

Since we are officially into summer, I decided to share the things I'm loving.

Binge Worthy Television
  • Kingdom
    • A historical drama that centers around a zombie epidemic that was caused by greed and corruption.  The cinematography and art direction are simply divine. The plot twist in the last few minutes of the season finale had my jaw on the floor. The show continues to prove that South Korea is a leader in horror filmmaking. I could talk about this show for hours. 
  • Dead to Me
  • What I love about this show is highlights the many facets of grief. I have not seen many shows besides Six Feet Under that really dive into ugliness, awkwardness and the guilt of grief. Nor have I seen a show from both sides of grief, the ones in mourning and the ones who caused the grief. A quirky gem. 
  • When They See Us
    • Heartbreaking, riveting and timely mini-series directed by the sublime Ava Duvernay. This show is not for the faint of heart, if it might cause some triggers please hold off watching it. 
  • Claws
    • The perfect summer show. 
  • The Handmaid's Tale
    • Only a few episodes in and it's still riveting. I am anxious and excited to see where we go this season. 
  • Stranger Things
    • I know it has yet to air, but these trailers have been everything. I'm so excited. 
Summer Reading
  • Kiss Quotient by Helen Hong
    • A sexy and romantic read. I could not put this book down. Image result for kiss quotient helen hoang
Summer Soundtrack
  • Dedicated by Carly Rae Jepsen
    • The queen of bops delivers once again.  The entire album is a worth successor of Emotion.  Here is my current fave from the album. 
  • Missing You by Ingrid
    • This song slaps so hard that I'm actually offended how good it is. 
  • Whirlwind by Maddie Poppe
    • A solid debut album from last season's American Idol winner. This lady here has a long career ahead of her, if she continues in this direction. 

Summer Crush

  • Keanu Reeves
    • 2019 is the year of Keanu and I am loving it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feminist Wednesday: Try

The List: The Sexiest Men 2013 Edition

What Can You Do Now?